Waste Minimisation & Recycling
About the Programme
This module provides training and awareness on resource efficiency and recycling.
This is a one-day training programme, or may be adapted, as required. Trainees are required to record their attendance on the module sign-in sheet.
The programme is aimed at individuals and managers at all levels involved in the operation or management of organisations that have environmental impacts. The programme is suitable for both public and private sector participants.
No minimum entry criteria apply.
Contents of the Training Course
- Waste Recovery Trends
- Principles of Resource Efficiency
- National Waste Prevention Programme
- Resource Efficiency case studies
- Planning Recycling Schemes
- Recycling Markets and market Development
- Processing of recyclables - techniques, equipment and MRF design & development
- Collection systems for recyclables; kerbside collection, civic amenity sites, recycling centers and bring sites
- CA Site Design and Operational issues
- Various Case Studies