Construction and Demolition
About the Project
Patel Tonra Ltd. was engaged by Fás and the Construction Industry Federation (CIF) to design and deliver a training programme on Construction & Demolition Waste Management for the construction sector.
Scope of the Project
- Research and production of Construction & Demolition Waste Management – A Handbook for Contractors & Site Managers
- Regional Roadshows on Construction & Demolition Waste Management for the Industry
- Development and delivery of CIF/NCDWC/FÁS Construction and Demolition Waste Management Training
Format of the Training Programme
The training programme runs over four days and consists of the following modules:
- Introduction; C&D Waste in Ireland
- Policy & Legislation
- C&D Waste Management
- Practical Site Waste Management
- Environmental Issues on Site
- Operation of a C&D Waste Management Facility
- Recycling Markets, Economic instruments and Specification
- Demolition – Techniques & Waste Management
- Materials Management on Site
- Health, Safety and Welfare for C&D Sites
Since the inception of the programme in 2004, Patel Tonra Ltd. has delivered this programme to over 500 personnel in the construction and waste sectors.
The progamme is certified by FETAC (Further Education and Training Awards Council), Institute of Engineers of Ireland (IEI) as Continuing Professional Development, and the CIOB (Chartered Institute of Building), as an optional module on their development programme for Site Managers.